Wednesday 27 April 2011

A SIMPLE WAY TO PATINA

One of the reason's I started this Blog was to share things that I have learnt since my obession with Jewellery Design started. So slowly I will upload some photo's and a general technique for you to use to your advantage.
 I while back I started seeing all these Patinaed Brass findings on Etsy & had to know how to do it, so the search began and I came across this product Rub & Buff and I love it;').
So, how to Patina the easy way(without ammonia).

STEP 1 :
APPLY TO BRASS WITH A SOFT CLOTH/LEAVE TO DRY AS PER INSTRUCTIONS.
STEP 2: REMOVE EXCESS WITH SAME SOFT CLOTH BY GENTLY RUBBING.


STEP 3 :APPLY A THIN COAT OF SEALANT TO PREVENT PATINA WEARING OFF.
 


1 comment:

  1. Oooh, this sounds really easy, will have to try. Thanks for sharing =D!

    ReplyDelete