Sunday 22 June 2014

THE BEADING RETREAT DAY 3

BEAD EMBROIDERY

DAY 3:

After another wonderful early start & a hearty brekkie,it was off to the first class for the day.

I was about to embark of my first adventure into Bead Embroidery.......I was very hesitant indeed.
However I was of course nervous for no reason,the class was run by a very accomplished teacher , Sharon Hutton & packed with wonderful experienced ladies, all of which were eager to lend a hand.



Now I must admit in the year & a bit it's been since I had attended this retreat I never did finish the project. Never the less it did lead to more beading, to which I thoroughly enjoy.

Now after a little break, we are off to our next class, I was SUUUUPPPER excited about this one. TORCH FIRE ENAMELLING...... Oh yes :-)

RESULTS OF A FUN ENJOYABLE ENAMELLING SESSION



Pictured above were the results of a double session of Torch Fire Enamelling,something I highly recommend you do if you ever have the chance.

The results are amazing and of course once you get over the fear of the flame ( I was a fraction scared in the beginning) there really is no stopping you.

I bought all the required tools to set up at home & do a bit here in there when a piece calls for it. It is a skill that required constant practice,which only makes the results more spectacular.

Our teacher was one Mrs Liz DeLuca based in Brisbane,Qld & runs classes regularly and is quite the accomplished Lampworker also.
To contact Liz regarding any classes you can contact her via her FB page as well as her website
http://www.creativeartyfacts.com.au/

Lunch was in there somewhere :-)
Tha last class for me was back with Natalie Fletcher-Jones of https://www.facebook.com/Peruzi.net where we would be decorating our hand created ceramic piece

OUR CLEVER TEACHER GIVING US A BIG SMILE FOR THE CAMERA



HERE WE ALL ARE MADLY DECORATING AWAY




Once we had painted out glazes Nat had to cart all of our pieces back with her to her tranquil Qld farm studio setting for there big final firing.
Some of my pieces were starfish & sea urchins,which I really loved creating & then getting them back home to design with.

I do hope you enjoyed reading about the fun & frivolity had by us all at the Retreat. If you are interested in being a part of any of the Retreats please go to the website for all the relevant info http://aussiebeadingretreats.com/

I hope to catch you there sometime, our next retreat is happening in July in Victoria, where I shall be teaching :-).


No comments:

Post a Comment